Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Day 115: Taking it easy in Singapore

We had a fairly busy schedule in Japan, so we decided to take a break in Singapore to rest our tired legs and prepare for our next journey in India. Choy Fun was very kind to let us stay in her apartment while she was on a business trip in Japan. Although our stay in Japan overlapped with Choy Fun's for a few days, she had corporate dinners with her colleagues and we had Hide's wedding. Otherwise, it would have been funny to meet in Tokyo.

On our second day in Singapore, we took the metro to visit Little India and Chinatown. Since we were going to see the real India in two days, we took a quick stroll at Little India and had lunch at Chinatown. To beat the afternoon heat, I took a dip at the pool at Choy Fun's place. I believe I was the only adult in the pool along with 20 other kids. :)


a temple in Little India

the main street in Little India
chowing down in Chinatown
check out the sign - pretty serious

chilling out at Choy Fun's place

No comments: