Before starting this blog entry, I must apologize for making Katy's parents drive us to the airport at 4am this morning. Sorry.3000km and 12 hours later, Katy and I arrived at the Red Lantern Hostel in downtown Beijing. Everything worked as planned. No flight delay. In fact, we were offered a business-class upgrade on Taoyuan-Hong Kong flight and were also given the emergency exit row seats on Hong Kong-Beijing flight. What a good way to start the trip. Must be a good sign.
First impression of Beijing is good and BIG. The streets and traffic are more orderly than expected. The size of the city is just unbelievable. Some guy at the hostel told me that Beijing is about half the size of Taiwan!
Photos will come in a few days...
(Photo: Katy and I getting our "before" photo of the trip at Beijing Capital Airport. Let's wait and see the "after" photo when we arrive in Vancouver next year.)
3 comments:
I left a message here to link your blog to mine (here) but didn't get through for some reason. So, may I? Lemme know if you prefer to keep this blog private.
PS: Love Beijing! Waiting to see how it looks like now.
Sure, my blog is open to the public already. I can not open the bookshop link myself. Not sure why. What about linking directly to mytaike.blogspot.com? That should work.
Oooh... blogsome might be blocked in China. I did already ...
Post a Comment